Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend adventures...

Over the weekend I visited the lovely city of Copenhagen with friends.
I have to say I really liked that city and now I want to explore more of Denmark. Anyhow, we traveled by boat (which was a first for me) and it was very cool. I think I would rather take a million boat rides than 10 10-hour flights. It is really nice to be able to walk around, get fresh air, get food, shower, and sleep in a real bed (ok, a bunk, it still beats the airplane seat).
Natalie, as we leave Oslo
some weird castle thing/hotel in oslo
A moody shot
On our first day we went to the national museum, which was very cool.
I channeled my mother and took lots of pictures of rocks.




This one was different because it is older.
They had an excellent collection of Bronze and Iron age artifacts and this may have been part of that.
This one is for you mom
They had an amazing collection of viking period goods.
They also had bog people, but it felt wrong to take pictures of them.
These were not everyday wear, I believe these were ceremonial and not used for actual pillaging.
They also had an amazing assortment of collections from Greek to Egyptian

This is an example ancient Egyptian textiles. I noticed that the collections paid more attention to textiles then some museum back home. Look at those shoes! Every time I see an example of shoes that old it amazes me.
This was part of an exhibit about Danish life historically, traditional costumes and all that.
The Museum was huge, part of it was an old palace.


Walking around the city its self was really interesting.
Here is an action shot (ok, it's blurry) of Robyn and Natalie.


Yes, that H. C. Andersen

Has anyone seen Serenity?

that shop made me think of this.



We also went to Christiana for about five minutes, no pictures of that.

We saw some really cool churches on our way.


Eating out was an adventure. They charge for tap water.
On our way out we saw the little mermaid, it looks pretty, but it was wicked cold and the wind was brutal. I had tears coming out of my eyes because of the wind, and they froze.
See, ice. It was cold.
Thats the end for Copenhagen, I will do another post soon about my first week of school.

1 comment:

  1. you got some cool pictures. the one of the building that seemed to be an ally reminded me of harry potter.

    ReplyDelete