Saturday, January 9, 2010

As promised, Pictures!

This is part of the racetrack across the street
Sunset at 3:45pm
This building is across the street from my dorm, I don't know what it is, some sort of training center, but I cant really read the sign.
This is the bus, just kidding.
This was in front of Ikea, I get the feeling Norwegians like their traditions.
View out my window

Today I went to Ikea to buy a duvet. I ended up getting a duvet, pillow, cover for duvet, cup and plate. Ikea is not so cheapy here, the quality of stuff is better. Oh sure, a lot of it is the same, but I think they have a little better selection, and the furniture is better quality. Plus you can buy fabric yardage here. I think I still need cutlery, but I am going to wait until some of the girls from berkeley come because it comes in a set of six and I am really not that social.
I have plastic spoons and that is good enough for my yogurt, at least for now.

My stupid bank put a security block on my card, I made the mistake of calling them and letting them know that I would be out of the country and to expect strange charges. Naturally, the first time I use it they decide to lock it.

My hips really hurt from slipping on ice. My dilemma is this: one pair of boots has great traction but doesn't really keep my feet that warm, the other keeps my feet warm but has shitty traction. Both make my feet hurt after an hour or so. So far warmth has won over not slipping, but my hips and butt hate me for it.

Norwegian baked goods are amazing. I am in love with this apple cake thing I had, it was amazing. the texture was different, it was amazing. Tomorrow I am going to be brave and try the chinese place next door. Oslo is actually very diverse so there is a chance that the cooks are actually chinese and thus know what they are doing. We will see.

PETA would have field day here, there is so much fur! I really want a fur hat now. I want a long fur coat too, but I imagine that the hat would be a lot less expensive. And possibly wearable when I get back to California. I think I am blending in okay, people keep assuming I am Norwegian. That is, until I open my mouth.



1 comment:

  1. I think the horses are adapted for it, when you get up close you can see they are pretty shaggy.

    ReplyDelete