Sunday, April 18, 2010

Volcanos and other fun things

I admit it, I have been lazy since I got back form Scotland. My bad.


There have been so many changes here in Oslo that it is a shame I have not taken more pictures. I need to buy batteries for my camera, then I think I wanna take a day to walk around the city and do non-snowy pictures. Maybe that will be Wednesday's adventure.

I like Oslo a lot more in the spring, and I have high hopes for summer. Aside from the trash that was hidden by snow, it is absolutely gorgeous here. The out door space is phenomenal, I am finding hidden fountains and patios all over the place. When I say hidden, I mean there was too much snow to see it.
I have settled in here more than I though, going away really made me realize that. It was nice to come back, not just to be out of the hostel and have my own bathroom again, but also to see friends and go back to classes.
Things are strange here, due to the stupid fucking volcano almost all flights are canceled. It is so strange how quiet it is right now, it really brings back 9/11. Things are hazy, but not too bad. I am being pretty cautious about running outside due to my asthma, but it really could be a lot worse. I think the wildfires last summer were much worse in terms of smoke, but this is much creepier with the air-silence. I am really glad I didn't have travel plans this week, because everything is disrupted.
My plan is to update again on Wednesday with some picture and maybe more details, right now I am watching playoff hockey so I gotta cut it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment